Standard Photographic Sizes - R series
The sizing is in the form of nR where n represents the shorter side of the photo and n is in inches. Eg, 4R size is 4 inches by 6 inches. For 10 inches and below, the longer side is 2 inches longer than the shorter side For 11 inches and above, the longer side is 3 inches longer than the shorter side.
|2R||2.5 x 3.5||6.35 x 8.89||635 x 889|
|3R||3.5 x 5||8.89 x 12.7||889 x 127|
|4R||4 x 6||10.2 x 15.2||102 x 152|
|5R||5 x 7||12.7 x 17.8||127 x 178|
|6R||6 x 8||15.2 x 20.3||152 x 203|
|8R||8 x 10||20.3 x 25.4||203 x 254|
|10R||10 x 12||25.4 x 30.5||254 x 305|
A series International Paper Sizes
|A1||23.4 x 33.1||59.4 x 84.1||594 x 841|
|A2||16.5 x 23.4||42.0 x 59.4||420 x 594|
|A3||11.7 x 16.5||29.7 x 42.0||297 x 420|
|A4||8.3 x 11.7||21.0 x 29.7||210 x 297|
|A5||5.8 x 8.3||14.8 x 21.0||148 x 210|
|A6||4.1 x 5.8||10.5 x 14.8||105 x 148|
|A7||2.9 x 4.1||7.4 x 10.5||74 x 105|
|A8||2 x 2.9||5.2 x 7.4||52 x 74|
|A9||1.5 x 2.0||3.7 x 5.2||37 x 52|
|A10||1.0 x 1.5||2.6 x 3.7||26 x 37|
At Print For Fun, we also offer custom sizes if you have an odd-sized frame. Here is the link.
Frequently Asked Questions about Photo Sizes
- What is the size of a standard photo?
- The most common size for a photo is 4R, or 4 inches by 6 inches, typically because it's not too small and not too big. There are many types of frames available for that size. The aspect ratio of the photo print is 2 by 3, suitable for photos taken on majority of digital cameras and phone cameras.
- What is the image size of the photo?
- Image size usually refers to the pixel dimensions of the image, also known as the resolution of the image. It can usually be found when you right-click on the image and go to "Properties" on Windows or "Get Info" on Mac.
- What are the photo sizes in cm?
- 1 inch is 2.54 cm. Standard photographic sizes are in inches, but we have converted them into cm in our table above.
- What is a wallet size photo?
- A wallet size photo is about 2.5" x 3.5". That is the size of a 2R print. It's slightly bigger than a credit card.