You’ve created the perfect holiday greeting card design, picked out your favourite photos, have your mailing list ready to go, and now it’s time to write your Christmas message! Though your card design and photo are essential, your holiday greeting takes consideration too. To help you find the right words to say, we’ve gathered our favorite ideas for any holiday greeting card.
From holiday photo cards for families to professional holiday greeting cards, we’ve compiled a list of holiday messages to match the tone you’re going for.
Holiday Greeting Card Messages to Send to Just About Everyone
Whether you have too many family members to count or just like to keep things simple, these quick messages are fit for just about anyone. Brief but heartfelt, they’ll let everyone know they’re in your thoughts this season.
- Best wishes to you and your family — can’t wait to see what the New Year has in store.
- Have a wonderful Christmas with plenty of time spent with family and friends.
- Merry Christmas! Thinking of and grateful for you this season.
- Sending seasons greetings from our family to yours.
- Cheers to another year and many more to come. Happy holidays!
- Sending my warmest thoughts and best wishes for a magnificent holiday season.
Holiday Greeting Card Messages to Send to Coworkers
Colleagues hold a special place in our hearts. Sometimes, we spend so much time with our “work family” they become just like real family, helping us crush deadlines, shatter sales goals, and celebrate at happy hour afterwards. They’ve been with us through late nights and early mornings and, therefore, deserve a nice note during the holiday season.
- My only wish for you this holiday season is that you don’t have to see my face before 9 a.m. or after 5 p.m. Enjoy this time with your loved ones!
- You’ve put in an incredible amount of effort this year, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. Have a happy holiday season. See you in the new year!
- It’s never a dull day with teammates like you. Have a happy holiday with your family, and raise a glass to a prosperous new year!
- This past year wouldn’t have been half as successful (or nearly as fun) without you. Now enjoy this much-deserved holiday break with your family.
- Thank you for all your hard work this year. Sending warm wishes to you and your family.
- You’ve shown a tremendous amount of loyalty, hard work, and dedication. Sending my happiest holiday greetings, and looking forward to what next year has in store.
Funny Holiday Card Messages for Friends
Your friends have been by your side as you landed your first job, moved into your first apartment, and took out your first line of credit. You’ve kept in touch no matter how many miles were between you, and always show up for the big moments in one another’s lives. For your BFFs, here are a few fun holiday card messages to send.
- This time of year, there is no one I’d rather share a surge-priced Grab with. Cheers to another wonderful New Year with you by my side.
- “Merry Christmas! May your happiness be large and your bills be small.”
- “This holiday season, let’s make it a point to cherish what’s truly important in our lives: cookies.”
- “This Christmas, may your family be functional and all your batteries be included.”
- “Merry Christmas! I put so much thought into your gift that now it’s too late to get it.”
- “Christmas is mostly for children. But we adults can enjoy it too, until the credit card bills arrive.”
COVID-friendly holiday greetings for 2020
This year has been like no other. Acknowledging that in your holiday card wording is a great way to say, “we’re all in this together.” Whether you want to write something motivational or use humor to lighten the mood, here are the best ideas to get you started:
- “New Year? Yes, Please!”
- “We may not be together on Christmas, but you’re always in my heart.”
- “Even though we’re apart, I hope you have a joyous holiday.”
- “Consider this card a raincheck for a belated Christmas hug.”
- All I want for Christmas is a vaccine.
- Merry Christ-mask
- I’m dreaming of a better Christmas.
- You’re essential to us.
ADD A eGift Voucher
In a rush? No time to visit stores in search of the perfect gift? Pair a digital gift card with a personalised Christmas Greeting Card for fast delivery to the recipient. Simply select the value you’d like to purchase a eGift Voucher from and then enter the name and email of the recipient you would like to give to and hit send!
Spread Cheer with a Greeting Card from Print For Fun
Don’t let another holiday season go by without telling your friends, colleagues, neighbors, or family members how much they mean to you. Whether you’re grateful for your old classmate you have know for years, your colleagues for making those late nights more fun, or your family for always having your back, be sure to send them a holiday message.
With Print For Fun, you don’t need to burden yourself with the hassle of Christmas shopping. Just select from business holiday cards, friendly holiday cards, or Christmas party invitations to wish everyone a very happy holiday and a prosperous New Year!